Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Rod wrote in message <7n7bd2$9rh$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>Me thinks that Greedy Westerners who consume 80% of the worlds resources
and
>yet account for about 20% of the population.
>Who produce Green house gases abundantly as they persue their infantile
>pleasures.
>Who watch the starving billions die slowly, as they throw more in their
>garbage disposals than others can find to eat.

Now, this sort of thing really annoys me.
There is no "noble savage" thing. Just because someone is starving doesn't
mean
they are blameless.
Sure, there are a lot of issues here that probably don't need to be brought
up in a
discussion in a "cars" newsgroup ... but aren't there are quite a few
deserts that were
made by "non-western" people?

-Forg (Elsewhere)