Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Rod wrote:

> Iskandar Baharuddin wrote in message <3796E565.8F573420@highway1.com.au>...
> >Brendan W wrote:

> >"Stop the world - I want to get off!"
>
> Me thinks that Greedy Westerners who consume 80% of the worlds resources and
> yet account for about 20% of the population.
> Who produce Green house gases abundantly as they persue their infantile
> pleasures.
> Who watch the starving billions die slowly, as they throw more in their
> garbage disposals than others
> can find to eat..
> are all soon going to get their just desserts!
> Come watch the Pacific Islands slowly sink below the surface of the Ocean!
> Watch our children dying with breathing related disorders and skin cancers.
> Wait, did you say oil?  They been saying for years that it will run out!  It
> has not yet!
> Wait did you say ozone layer?  Cant see how it has done anything to
> you...yet!
> ah well! it all comes to those who wait!
> And I might add, I am just like you all, and I will get mine too!
> Do you all really think that we can go on like this?
> What's more do you think that Governments can let us waste our resources
> like this for much longer?
> Do you have children, or do you intend to have them in the future?
> or should we say what future? How dare we bring our children into this world
> and refuse to do the things necessary to leave a viable world for them to
> live in...shame on us all !
> Rod :o(

Lovely rant, but it will not work out that way.

If the worst case scenario is fulfilled it will be the poor
bastards in places like Bangladesh who will cop it.

The Westerners will build their seawalls, put domes over their
cities, and carry on.

Very unfair.

But technology does have a certain survival value.

--
Regards,

Izzy

"Stop the world - I want to get off!"