Re: Steam and Olympic Park

In article <lMDl3.5854$r61.46935@ozemail.com.au>,
  "trendy rechauffé" <trendy_rechauffe@start.com.au> wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> I heard State rail were going to allow the old 4 car single deck red
set
> operate a tour over parts of the suburban area including Olympic Park.
>
> The only problem was the issue of the manual doors. State Rail's legal
> people are currently looking into the various implications regarding
public
> liability, and this has not been resolved in time for the August tour
> proceed.
>
> bye tr
>
> PS Has anyone heard any updates about this tour??

Hugh Burns stuffed it up for everyone.  He slapped a heritage order on
C3104 (which is the spare parts car), meaning that it cannot be moved or
modified.  This means that the good power bogie cannot be used on C3102
or C3218, so the red set will not run!  Expect to see the W set running
before the standard set.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/