Re: Odd Cityrail announcement

"M.G.Smith" wrote:

> I have heard some weird announcements due to computer malfunction (the train
> going to car sidings announcement at Central is standard now).
> But the best would have to be from a friend, while waiting on platform 16 at
> central (back in the days where they had a little box instead of a computer
> making announcements) came the following announcement:
> The train on platform 76 goes to Luna Park via Athol Wharf only.
> This gives a new meaning to the jingle "hop on a train, or hop on a bus, and
> get to the show, without any fuss"
> Regards, Mick.

Have you been there when I have had a go?

"Attention passengers due to trackwork at Luna Park busses have been provided to
convey passengers between Byron Bay and Melbourne XPT"

Other such destionations include: Eastern Creek Raceway, Manly, Canberra
Xplorer, and Darling Harbour. Just to name a few.

rgds