Re: Sydney Airport Rail Service

Bob Horgan wrote in message <37946511.DBDAB752@idx.com.au>...
>There has been so little said about the progress of this new rail
>service which is still
>under construction. Come on you blokes get with it, this has to be the
>finest , most ambitious project that City Rail has ever embaked upon and
>no one wants to talk about it.

Ummmm - it is not a CityRail project. It is being built by private
enterprise (with some CityRail funding). In return, they get the rights to
run the station for <insert number here> years.

As far as I know, it is running ahead of schedule, although I think they
still plan to open at the original time. Would be better if they opened
early though.

DaveP