Re: XPT Sleepers

> than at present, although it would have slept one less - but then, with
> roomettes, they can always sell them all. I remember once where there were
> two sleepers left - but in different compartments - one of the
compartments
> was occupied by a female, the other by a male. A couple wanted sleepers,
and
> were unwilling to travel seperately in shared compartments. Those two
> sleepers went unsold. This would not be a problem with roomettes.
This has just happened to me and my wife.  We were booked into separate
cabins due to a small cock up and found it difficult to recombine them.  We
managed to do this by ringing Countrylink customer service who fixed it for
us very efficiently, promptly and courteously.  However they said we were
lucky as we had not yet paid for the tickets, and according to the booking
system my wife is a male!  This is sure to confuse the conductor!  Despite
all the criticism aired here we found Countrylink pleasant and responsive to
deal with and are looking forward to our trip.

Craig.