Re: 150 years of rail in Aust. - Flying Scotsman

Guys,
I visited the York NRM last November and on display were the Rocket replica
and the original rocket. It is somewhat modified in that the cylinders are
no longer angled in their stroke but much more horizontal in attitude. IIRC,
it was modified late in its life by a colliery who were using it.
Cheers Rob
Derick Wuen <cullend@webone.com.au> wrote in message
3791dda1.0@iridium.webone.com.au">news:3791dda1.0@iridium.webone.com.au...

> Daniel Bowen wrote in message ...
> >Derick Wuen <cullend@webone.com.au> wrote in message
> >37919883.0@iridium.webone.com.au">news:37919883.0@iridium.webone.com.au...
> >> In the UK the 150 anniversary of S&D and later L&M spawned a number of
> >> replicas of locos, and the Rocket replica even visited Australia. In
the
> >US
> >> they pulled the C&A planet John Bull out of the Smithsonian and steamed
> >it.
> >
> >The National Railway Museum in York (England) has two Rocket replicas...
or