Re: Melb.Australia Rolling stock

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message
7mq86m$17s$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7mq86m$17s$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Steven Hurst wrote in message <932083529.751845@diddley.primus.com.au>...
> >> Bayside will buy Adtranz and Hillside will buy Alstom. Naturally they
> will
> >> be totally incompatable.
> >
> >Really it would not be that big a problem would it??
>
> Now just you look here you mugs!
> Don't you know we do things differently down here in Kennetoria [in
January
> 2001 Mr Kennett resigned as Premier of Victoria, and the people [who
> mattered...yes all 21 of them] immediately decided to honour him by
ditching
> Queen Victoria, and renaming this State....Kennetoria]
> Now where was I .....oh yes!
> Most people would think that it would be cheaper to buy in bulk! You know
,
> a 500 gm bottle of coffee is better value than buying 5 x 100 gm packs?
> Well in Victori... sorry Kennetoria, we do it different. Split our
Railways
> up into 4 or 5 bits and make sure that we have 4 of everything, have
several
> different small orders of rolling stock or locos,
> etc etc. We have a name for it...Competition!!  Bless our Pollies. How
would
> we live without them.
> Rod

Kennetoria??? I like it, does that make me a Kennetorian? I hope not,
heavens I thought being a Subject of King Johnny of Canberra was bad
enough!!!!!!

Actually this arguement about rollingstock is a furfy, the VR never saw a
problem when they operated, Tait, Harris and Hitachi trains in the fleet, I
only remember one occassion at Flinders Street of a Guard waving back a 3
car Tait to attach to a 4 car Harris, (no doubt in happened at other times)
but its not relevent. Hillside Trains is a seperate company to Bayside, both
are owned by Multi Nationals who will operate them as seperate entities. The
old saying of "NEVER THE TWAINS SHALL MEET" will apply.

Bob.