Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

We are discussing this incident without many facts to go on. However, I make
these observations:

1. When an irregularity of this nature occurs, many railways will stand the
relevant staff down while the investigation is carried out. This ensures that
the staff are (a) available for interview, and  (b) are not carrying out normal
ops while either stressed, or  (perhaps) not performing correctly

2. Such standing sown of staff is NOT a disciplinary matter, and does not imply
the assignment of  blame.

3. If the investigation discloses wrongdoing on the part of a staff member,
blame may be assigned and disciplinary action started - but there are normally
clear procedures for initiating and carrying out such actions.

Bill