Re: Bayside Trains driver stood down.

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
378F57B5.D732B5BA@ozemail.com.au">news:378F57B5.D732B5BA@ozemail.com.au...
> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>
> > Not correct, if the level crossing has stopping/express selection it
> > will be protected by a red/red signal, but if the gates have no
> > stopping/express selection then the signal will be at proceed, and
> > you could go through the signal at 'proceed' and the gates still be up.
>
> How can this be?  What form of safeworking is in force where a level
crossing is
> not operating with a signal showing proceed and a train in the section?

I am not certain where this is, but I read earlier that there was a sign
referring to the crossing and the booms being down before proceeding.

If this is the case, it is more than likely a siding without signals
protecting, and a simple track circuit on the level crossing only.

Only a "wrong side" failure would allow a train, a signal, and NO level xing
protection.

The first respondant to this thread added the signal into the equation, I
don't think there was one...

Tony.

Can someone please give us the location, so we can find out what we are
actually rabbitting on about..