Re: Dusty Durrant Passes Away

Dusty didn't like me very much.

When I was editor of the ARE magazine years ago he sent an article with lots of
B&W pics. The pics were poorly printed but worst of all they were covered with
dust marks. I replied that the article was certainly of interest to our readers
but would it be possible to get the negs reprinted as I could not run the pics
with all the dust marks, (this was in the days before Photoshop) Dusty replied
that the prints were "just fine" and I could take the article or leave it.

In a jestful mood I replied that now I know why he is called "dusty" As I
recall he wrote a letter to the ARE President in protest.

But for reprinting I would have gladly run his article. Anyhow, as more than
one person has remarked, he was a bit of a whinging pom, (actually I'm unsure
if he was in fact a pom)

But let us not speak ill of the dead, he was a commited railfan who shared his
work with others, more than can be said about many.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/