Re: Maldon Saturday

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:25:02 +1000, "Michael Walker"
<walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

>As well as the all day ticket, are the normal tickets being sold? If so,
>what would it cost for a return from Maldon to Muckleford? Whilst I would be
>quite happy getting an all day ticket, She-who-must-be-obeyed will be coming
>too and she gets bored rather quickly with trains...8^(
>Besides, it's our fourth anniversary of going out and I don't think she
>intends to spend it all day at the railway...even going to Maldon is
>something unusual for her (there's hope yet!!!!! - only joking, in fairness
>she has given up quite a bit so we can go).

In two words - unfortunatly no. The policy is as follows "Your $25/day
or $40/weekend ticket covers more than a train ride. It allows access
to our lineside, yards and loco depot, the night listening stop, the
night photography session.
In short - if you are on our property you should have a "Steamfreight"
ticket. How else could we afford to run steam and diesel hauled goods
trains?"

Our regular fares ($10) will apply (for one return journey only) only
after 1130 Sunday. If she wants a train ride on Saturday just tell her
its $10 with a $15 donation for our Castlemaine extension ;-).

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu