Re: Hillside Trains sold

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> [...]

CGEA Transport Asia Pacific is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vivendi - A French
corporation. They will operate under the name of MTE (Melbourne Transport
Enterprises). Maintenance will be contracted to Alstom Australia.
I have heard that the new uniform will be yellow and black (from what's flying
around Reservoir, it will look like the Hi-vis vests, with wider stripes?).
MTE will NOT charge for parking (as reported earlier this year) and will
provide an extra 800 spaces, with an additional 200 upgraded.
An additional 130 services per week will be introduced and new trains will
start appearing from 2002.
Flinders Street Station will be upgraded to become a major Tram/Train
interchange.

Sam Eades
eadess@yahoo.com