Re: New trains for Melb - the promises: The Age article

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

> Pledge for safety, style and  comfort

>                By SUSHI DAS
>                TRANSPORT REPORTER

>                Melbourne commuters will journey into the
>                new millennium on state-of-the-art trams and
>                trains designed to give maximum comfort and
>                safety - if the new private operators live up to
>                their promises.

What I found interesting in that article was the statement from Yarra
Trams
purchases that trams will run at 10 min intervals during Mon - Fri busy
periods.
I certainly hope that this will not be the case. Almost all Yarra Trams
peak
hour services are presently 4 to 6 mins frequency. Some are 8 mins
frequency
during interpeak as well.
I do not think that such a downgrading will go down too well.
Of course, they may have been referring only to those services with less
than
10 mins frequency, but the srticle did not say so.

John McCallum