Re: Authorised to run on Hillside Trains tracks

<<<<The other thing interesting in the addenda is just when has the signalling
been redefined. It appears that what has quite happily existed for many years
(1916) as three position signalling is now known as Automatic Block
Signalling. What a stupid name. Whose idea was this?>>>>>>>

I agree that there is no reason to change the name but ABS is what it whould be
called in the US and I'm guessing that they are just following US practice.
BTW, in the US, in ABS territory, you need a track warrant as permission to be
in the ABS territory!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/