Re: Bugger all express services on Hillside Trains (was "NoExpress...

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:52:50 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote:

>"FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis)" wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be lovely if all trams did this?  But alas, that would be a
>> service to the public, and we can't have that!
>
>I don't know what the regulations say today but many years ago (according to a
>late friend of mine who was a tram driver and inspector) trams were to pick up
>and set down passengers no matter where they were operating.

That rule is still operating.....only time when trams can run
"special" is when their table cards tell them to (during reco
work.....sometimes but even then it does not happen very often) and
when the City Circle is going back to the depot each nite...