Re: A bad day for CityRail (Hornsby Derailment)

The Cityrail set which derailed this evening at Hornsby was S91 (lead four
cars all derailed with some degree of damage - the second car is on a severe
lean, and the fourth car appears to have sheared off its lead bogie.). The
trailing four cars, set S84 was undamaged, and has been towed from the scene
by 48162 + 48154.  The derailment occurred at the northern end of the down
loop.  Miraculously, the down main was not fouled, and power has been
restored to the remaining tracks, with services working past at slow speed.

The recovery operation may take considerable time, as the derailment site is
on an embankment, and adjacent to piles of ballast.

Cheers,

Paul Hogan
Hornsby