Re: Steamrail - Self Destruction?

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:09:48 +0800, "Forster Family Inc"
<noelmel@wantree.com.au> wrote:

>Yuri J Sos/Melbourne <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I understand there is an attempt to get enough members to call an
>> extraordinary general meeting to vote on a spill of directors'
>> positions, with unsigned bits of paper being distributed to members
>> through an unauthorised(?) mailout.
>
>I received what I perceived to be an official mailout from SRV only to be
>confronted with pages of waffle by person or persons unknown who did not
>have the courage of their convictions to either identify his/her self or at
>the very least sign the 'letter'.Who paid for the postage???
[snip]
>In the meantime, I have consigned the garbage I received today into the
>circular filing cabinet under my desk to be dealt with in the usual manner.

I did the same, although one statement concerning the Annual Report is
a worry.  I support Steamrail by being a member, but hardly ever ride
and it is years since I even took a photo, so I don't attend the AGMs.
But if it true that the Annual Report is only provided at the meeting,
then that is a worry - and whilst I have no idea of the constitution
or rules of Steamrail, no other body of which I am member can get away
without providing the Annual Report to the members two weeks prior to
the AGM

Cheers...JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html