Re: Ingliston Bank landmark distances please!

I timed the climb using kilometre posts.
I skipped the first section (Bacchus Marsh - Rowsley).
In the second section the train started at 60 km/h, eased off after
slipping, then dropped to a steady 48 km/h.
In the third section the train had reached 60 km/h during the easing
through Bank Box Loop, then dropped to 44 km/h (69 km to 70 km) just before
the grade eased at the site of Ingliston station.

I will try to look up the references to give an accurate estimate.

Assuming a steady state, and the R at 180 t:
total load was 480 t
power = force x velocity
power = 480 x 1/48 x 1000 x 9.8 x (48 x 10/36)  / 1000 kW
ie 1300 kW, with no allowance for air resistance (negligible) or rolling
resistance (significant).
and 1200 kW in the final section.

--
Regards