Re: More on airport lines

Derick Wuen wrote:
> Part of the Speedrail justification is that its a high speed connection
> between Canberra Airport and Sydney. I've heard it said that the privatised
> Canberra Airport will be used for international airfreight traffic and use
> Speedrail as its distribution link. Qantas is a Speedrail stakeholder, and
> the projected terminus is at the Canberra airport, not at any more
> convenient place.

The freight terminal is to be built in the northwest area of the airport
along Majura Rd. The Speedrail route runs along this edge of the airport
boundary, so it's possible there could be a Speedrail freight terminal.

> Also, folks at Goulburn as opposed to the NIMBYs at Badgery's Ck and
> Holdsworthy, actually want Sydney's second airport and suggest it would be
> just as quick by Speedrail to Sydney as by snailrail from either of the
> other two places.

Goulburn is totally unsuitable for a major airport. The best location is
actually Wilton near Picton.

Cheers
David