Re: C Class Rumours

Perhaps a dumb question, but what exactly makes a loco "heavy" - are they
simply heavy because of the steel components they are made from, or are they
ballasted down to make them as practically heavy as possible to give better
grip?

I'm leading up to the question:  "Can the C's be made lighter, and if so,
would it make them useful for mainline duties again?"

Reuben

931253216.938553@diddley.primus.com.au">news:931253216.938553@diddley.primus.com.au...