Re: More on airport lines

Derick Wuen wrote in message <3781ce88.0@iridium.webone.com.au>...

>Also, folks at Goulburn as opposed to the NIMBYs at Badgery's Ck and
>Holdsworthy, actually want Sydney's second airport and suggest it would be
>just as quick by Speedrail to Sydney as by snailrail from either of the
>other two places.

It would also be just as quick from centre of Sydney to centre of Melbourne
by VFT/Speedrail compared with flying. I would also venture that the cost of
a VFT from Sunshine Coast - Brisbane - Gold Coast - Sydney - Canberra -
Melbourne would not be that mush more than a second airport, and the
consequent reductions in movements at Sydney airport (if the traffic
transfers to rail, like it has in Europe) would mean that Sydney would not
need a second airport.

DaveP