Re: Spectacular!

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:08:41 +1000, "Peter J. Sweetten"
<aeropics@tig.com.au> wrote:

>R711, enroute to St. Arnaud with the ARHS tour, assaulted the 1 in 48 of
>Ingliston Bank in fine style this morning.
>
>In brilliantly sunny, cold and still conditions, photographers at the ARMCO
>overbridge on the horseshoe bend were treated to a spectacular display of
>oil-fired steam at its finest.

Hi Peter, we must have been at the same spot at the same time.
Thinks - we should have an aus.rail badge or something.

>The exhaust beat echoing up the valley was sufficiently awesome to raise a
>chill up the spine, a sight and sound display that will be long remembered.

Especially by my two young daughters. Their grip on my hand got
tighter and tighter as the "monsterous beastie" got closer and closer.
The young one was impressed but, alas my big one ( years old) is
turning into a girl :-(. "It was smelly and dirty"). Oh dear, some
retraining needed.
Overall though, a fantastic display.

>Thanks WCR and ARHS for the event!

I second that motion!!!

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu