Re: R711 out for a Run

G'day,

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

> R711 departed Melbourne L/engine at about 1300 Monday, crossing the up
> R707 hauled pass somewhere near Little River.

Question - how many years since R class loco's have crossed?  (or is it
more correctly "passed" on double track?).

> It then picked up a couple of oil pots in North Geelong  Yard and
> departed for Ballarat, passing Gheringhap at 1610 as train number
> 9199.  First time on a goods.

When I went past 9137 was still there...pity the pots weren't dropped on
the back, and 711 dropped on the front :(

> No, I didn't get any shots -- it was a stealth manoeuvre.

If the guys got any, I'll post 'em to the website.  I was on my way home to
recharge the batteries after Sunday's epic journey!

Regards,
CH.
--
Craig Haber