Re: Bromage really is GOD!!!

David Langley wrote:

> gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com wrote:
>
> > ENOUGH this thread has been done to death!
> > regards Paul Johnston
>
> Eh. It is OK to post until we get rid of the malicious rumours about
> ...... but to correct errors of fact we're only allowed a couple of
> posts.
I don't know who is God, but certainly 3 divisions of the Overland were
common before the war. Inside the front cover of "600" is a wonderful
photo of 600 leaving Tailem Bend with the Adelaide bound 3rd Division of
the Overland on 24 December 1939.
Can you visualise Serviceton that night with 5 or 6 Overland divisions
(depending on how many departed from Adelaide that night) of the
Overland crossing in Victoria, SAR needed only  3 600's to run their
side of the border, while VR needed 10 or 12 A2's (all double-headed)to
handle just the pre Xmas Overlands?
I travelled rail Adelaide to Sydney return, via Melbourne in 1939.
500's,600's, A2's, S's, 36's.What an experience, I don't remember which
was colder, Serviceton or Albury in mid-winter.
Bill Burton