Re: GSR Intermediate stops

"THE Boss!" wrote:

> Well there you go.
>
> Funny, that.
>
> I always thought MSS was Melbourne Spencer Street as well.  I've never
> seen the acronym SSS before.
>
> =========================
>
> It was in the old computer reservation system (the one that AN and V/Line
> shared) - MSS was Spencer St and MFS was Flinders St. These days, it is just
> MEL as it is a common fare.
>
> DaveP

In 1981 when the new deal started, the Operations Branch abbreviation for
Spencer Street was SSS - Spencer Street Station and Flinders Street became FSS -
Flinders Street Station. For reasons unknown but has a lot to do with the fact
that govt depts do not talk to each other, the computer booking system of that
era used MSS and MFS.

David Langley.