Re: Webb Dock Rail Access -oops we need a new bridge!!!

Craig Haber wrote in message <3779F480.DDAA075F@harnessnet.com.au>...
>G'day,
>
>Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:
>
>> Myopic planning and incompetence on a grand scale!
>
>Darwinism hasn't worked, has it?  The idiots are thriving, while the
>'fittest' are just going insane!

Age Melbourne 1-07-99
Spokesman for roads and Ports Minister, Geoff Craige, said if a bridge were
to be built it would need Private Funding.
"There are no plans from the Government. It's up to the Melbourne Port Corp.
and Private people to look at whether they want to develop anything
regarding a bridge" she said........... Zip
Peter Batchelor [opposition Transport spokes person ] said
"The Government has been very secretive. Information is slowly coming out
and they are trying to keep it secret. "They need a proper economic and
environmental impact statement." he said

My Comment!
The Liberal Party Management of Victoria, will eventually be found out to be
the most damaging this State has ever experienced. Kennett's big balled
Nazi like approach to so called Government, in this State, has blatantly
made most of us much poorer and elevated the Liberal elite to new heights of
Wealth. Unfortunately for the Working Classes, we will never be able to rely
on what the Press prints or broadcasts*, because they belong to these very
same people. Melbourne Media is used as very heavy propaganda weapon against
the working man. New Industrial Legislation from the Federals will make
slaves of us all!
We will need wait for History to tell us the truths long after it has any
more meaning. For past history already shows us the way, but we are still
blind to it!
How much money do you rely think National will spend upgrading V?Line Pass
for a 10 year lease.......now come on !
Rod :o{
* as an example the press reports that the Government says "Inflation is
running at 2%" and we are all supposed to believe it.
Inflation can be manipulated,  Ever wondered  what inflation for 1998-99
would be if you based it on the 1960 formula?
I did, and got a friend to run it at Canberra University, and he came up
with a figure of 11.1%
Check your bills for last year! How much did you pay extra, Annualised I am
spending $180 a month more than last year on Rates Insurance, Petrol, bank
charges, gas, electricity, etc that in itself suggests about 15% increase in
Inflation...what do you think?