Re: ODD SIGNS

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) wrote:

> Of course, the Americans euphemistically refer to a toilet as a "washroom".
> They also call it a "bathroom" although, should the said room also house a
> conatiner in which ones' body can be immersed for bathing, they invariably
> call it a "tub" not  a "bath"!

Interestingly, although American TV shows and movies call them
bathrooms, Americans in all the places I have visited there call them
toilets just like we do.

The oddest thing about an American loo is how they are full of water
almost to the top. The first one I saw (at LAX) I thought was blocked so
went to the next cubicle and it was the same, and then the next.

And then I found they are like that all over the states. The absolute
reverse of the ones in the Netherlands and Germany which have a ledge
that everything drops on and sits there until you flush it. I'm not sure
which I was more revolting.