Re: Fulham Grange - Fairfield going (inner & outer )

Yes,
Others will have the exact dates on hand but roughly here goes....

Inner Circle (west to east) ran
>From between Royal Park and Jewell runs under Royal Pde and along Park
street and then split just before StGeorges Rd.
The continuation the joined the Reservoir/Whittlesea Line between Rushall
& Merri.  This also serviced the Heidelberg line until the Victoria Park
to Jolimont section was built.
The other part went into North Fitzroy and what is now the Edinburgh
Gardens.  This section of line was used upto the mid 1970's as a goods
line mainly transporting briquettes.
We are talking late 1880's - 1910's? here and the stations along the
Inner circle were not open for a great number of years.

The Outer Circle (west to south-east) ran
>From between Fairfield and Alphington turned south-east.  It went over
the Yarra river on what is now the Chandler Hwy bridge.  It then went
through Kew, Bawlyn and Camberwell to emerge at East Camberwell.  I'm
unsure about this bit, but it then takes the form of what is now the
Alamein line but continued past Alamein to join Hughesdale on the
Oakliegh/Dandenong/Bunyip line.
Again 1880 - 1930's

If anyone is really keen I can post the exact dates of the lines &
station opening  and closing, also station renamings dates.

Corrections greatfully accepted.

Cam.
( Craig or David may confirm.)