Re: Diesel fuel excise reduction

The August 1998 Australian tax reform white paper says (p86):

"As an additional boost to transport[...] the Government will introduce a new
comprehensive diesel fuel credit for registered business[...]  This credit
will reduce the effective excise payable on diesel fuel used in heavy
transport[...] and rail from around 43 cents per litre to 18 cents per
litre."

Regards

Jonathon K.