Diesel fuel excise reduction

In the Herald today I read, and quote "...the Commenwealth Government is
proposing to slash the diesel fuel excise for heavy vehicles (road, but not
rail) from 43c to 18c in its tax package."

I have heard of the dieslel fuel excise reduction as part of the tax reform
package, but never knew that ot was only trucks that would benifit. Surely
this cannot be true. The government is fully subsidising the road freight
industry and hell to rail transport. I spit on little John.

Ben Staples