Re: Tom Fainth - Questions re: Rail traction.

Some more advice

Don't operate trains. Buy space on someone else's trains. You don't
have to worry about the trains, only your cargo. The train operator
will also be glad of your custom.

You instead should do what the road companies do; more your customer's
cargo from the factory to the shop or wherever the customer wants it.
It is called intragrated transport and involves the arrangement of the
container, loading of the container, moving the container to
destination, unloading the container and most important, ensuring that
the customer is happy with the transportation of their material. That
way the customer stays in business and so do you!

If it is best that the customer uses rail than good but if another
mode is better for the company profits; remember the customer has to
make a profit or nobody gets his business.

Arrange seamless transport modes [to use the latest expression] and
try to include rail and the customer is happy.  A lot of rail's
problems come from the fact that the cargo  has to be delivered
somehow between the factory and the goods yard and sometimes this is a
bottleneck which results in customer frustration.

And read Tibor's response below, please

Cheers
Peter Cokley