Re: Passengers say the darndest things!

Matthew Smith wrote:

> At Murarrie, a lady came to the ticket window and requested a "return to
> Town". She then asked me "Do you go to town?". How do respond to a question
> like that?.

"No, I don't, but the next train will". (Sorry, couldn't resist that one).

For those of you who don't know Puffing Billy's Belgrave platform, one end has
track leading off to the main line and the other ends in a stone wall about 3
metres high. This wall is visible from the platform entrance. The locomotive is
usually on the train at the main line end when passengers start arriving. The
single most asked question is "which way does the train go?". Hmmmmm, I wonder.

Sam Eades
eadess@yahoo.com