Re: Top speed of QR Tilt Train

David

> IIRC, it's about 245km/h. Set in South Africa a few years ago.
What kind of train was it?Emu/dmu/push-pull/loco?

QR's tilt train 200kph-plus record should be in the top 5 isn't it?

> Is the GC line suitable for a 200km/h Shinkansen style service?

I think it is a "shinkansen" already since its aligment is relatively
straight , new, high speed achieveable and no rail-crssings. JR East was
going to upgarde one of its line to "Shinkansen standard" like this (I know
is the line along Japanese Sea but I can't remember the name) few years ago
but lack of funding and ecomomic situation held this project.

James