Re: Oil train from Canberra

Bevan Wall (bevanwall@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> 2138 departs Canberra: 13.55; Goulburn: 16.46; Moss Vale: 17.54;
> Picton: 1844.

One of the best places to get a photo is Bungendore. It is usually refuged
on the down side of the level crossing to cross the Xplorer. On a sunny
day you can get a great shot of the crossing, the locos and the Xplorer
sized up nicely.

It's usually an 81 with something else to assist. In recent weeks I've
seen 42203 and various 48s assisting. Unfortunately I missed it the day it
was worked by triple 422s! :(

Rumours around that an 80 will be assisting some time next week.

Cheers
David