Re: Very smoky XPT

In article <76ucij$7e3$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com> thalystgv@yahoo.com writes:
>From: thalystgv@yahoo.com
>Subject: Re: Very smoky XPT
>Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 01:00:04 GMT

>Actually V/line 's Sprinter is relatively smokey as well compare with ordinary
>DMUs(like QR's class 2000 NZ's Sliver Fern Railcar)

>Indeed XPT is very smoky everytime whenever I in Spencer Street I know XPT is
>there just by looking at the smoke!

>James

Not totally related to XPT smoke , but does anyone know exactly how the XP
power cars provide HEP for the rest of the train.
I know they use an auxiliary generator which is driven by the main engine,but
if this is the case how is the frequency maintained over the rev range of the
engine , static invertors possibly.
Also , how much HP is drained from the main engine by the aux generator.
Also , do both power cars provide HEP , or just one .

Thanks
MD