Re: GPS Units and Railfans

Neil Waller wrote:

> > I'm in the process of putting together a gazetteer of NSW railway locations, in
> > lat/long coordinates.  If anyone is interested, let me know.  Eventually it'll
> > be available along with some other data over the web.
>
> Will these coordinates be in AGD84 or GDA94?   GDA94 is the prefered
> coordinate system and DEHAA's online cadastral data is now in that coordinate
> system.

Initially, just lat/long.  The locations are taken from various maps, and
are really only accurate to around 50m.

I could also provide them in a projected coordinate system, but as you point
out there's a bit of choice.  Most available maps use the old AGD66 datum :-)

See ya,
Rolfe

--
Rolfe Bozier	-	EMAIL:      rolfe@pobox.com