Re: Need info on UK tube disability access...

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, David Proctor wrote;
>Roger - am crossposting to uk.railway
>
>Roger Stott wrote in message <915362706.969312@fermi.dialix.com.au>...
>>My wife is about to visit UK & France again.  She has one usable arm for
>>luggage lugging purposes & knows there is what seems like miles of walking
>>in the tube stations.  Does anyone know which stations have lift access to
>>the platform (if any)?

Not that many stations have lift access - and even when they do, the lifts
are often separated from the platforms by steps.  The LT website is
probably the most useful source of information.

<http://www.londontransport.co.uk/travel/2_2.html#top> is the index page
for information about station access.

<http://www.londontransport.co.uk/company/4_2.html#top> is the page
with contact details for London Transport's Unit for Disabled Passengers,
who can answer specific queries that you may have.

I hope she has a pleasant trip!

[x-posted to utl & ur snipped from follow-ups]
--
Dave