Re: V/Lines B82 status

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 23:25:45 +1100, Craig Haber
<albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>> IIRC, it's sitting (well the shell is, on freight bogies) behind B80
>> at WCR's Ballarat East Loco Depot.
>
>B82?? Nup, isn't it at Steamrail depot?

AFAIK they have B63 and B72 (which is currently under restoration).
S313 is the other GM cab they have (and it's in running condition in
V/Line colours).

>B's stored at Ballarat East are
>B64, 65, 75, and B80.

Ouch, my notes are wrong then; I don't know how I wrote 75 for 82.  I
was interested to see B80 there as I have the number plate for A80:
according to "reclamation" whence I bought the plate, B80 was next on
the list to be converted to an "A" class when the conversion process
was scrapped and "N"s ordered instead.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Personal Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
Steam Media Productions: visit http://people.connect.net.au/~steam
"1997 - The Victorian Year in Steam" - in the shops now!