Western Australian news

Happy new year. For those who may remember me I used to saturate Newsrail
with Ballarat sightings and in particular W class and their lack of success
back in the Seventies.
Nothing much happens in WA, not that I get much time with family sporting
commitments etc but if I come across anything I will let everyone know.
On December 28 set 213/313 brought down the overhead on the Currambine line
just out of Perth station with the consequence that there were no train
services for most of December 29 between Perth and Stirling. 700 metres
involved and it took all day to fix it.
Transperh substituted what buses were available to shuttle commuters between
these stations from whence a train service was provided to Currambine.
Fortunately traffic was down by 40% due to holidays, perish the thought if
it had been a normal day, chaos would have reigned supreme.
The IP eastbound on January 1 headed by NR 39 appeared to be a double
consist, understandably with holiday traffic pouring into the 'State of
Excitement?' at this time of the year.

Noel Forster