Re: Dorrigo

In various posts to this thread Bill Bolton has described the DSRM
collection at Dorrigo as "decaying" and "shabby", yet when asked to nominate
specific items which meet these criteria he cannot give a single example.

Now that it is established that he has absolutely no idea what he is talking
about and is just running off, he announces "There's no point in continuing
this".

Mr Bolton does not appear to be involved in any active way with preservation
(if this is a misconception, Mr Bolton, please feel free to correct it). He
seems to find it easier to simply criticise the efforts of those at least
prepared to put their time, effort and money into doing what we can.

There are three types of people in this world. Those that make something
happen, those that watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened. I
suspect Mr Bolton is in the third group.

To those who have made supportive comments to this thread, thank you. To
those who have asked genuine questions, I hope they have been answered (if
something got missed in all the carry on, let me know).

There are obviously a few who enjoy denigrating the efforts of others. We
are often seen as an easy target. Some of the issues involving DSRM are far
too complex to attempt to explain in a forum like this. Some things must
remain confidential. In these situations it is so easy for a rumour monger
to create sensation without substance. As we have seen here, when asked to
be specific about allegations, all that happens is some huffing and puffing
as he beats a rather undignified retreat.

Trevor Edmonds
Member, Dorrigo Steam Railway & Museum