Re: XPT Suggestions

In article <368c1876.5663057@news.ion.com.au>,
  petan@ion.com.au (petan@ion.com.au) wrote:

> A New Years Day trivel question;  [I do know the answer this time!!]
>
> MO number plates are on NSW buses.
>
> Q.#1  Which MO style are the Sydney buses; horizontal or vertical
> format [Country buses are the opposite]
>
> Q.#2  Are the Newcastle buses' MO number plate style the same as the
> Sydney style?

Metropolitan plates are vertical, whilst country/regional plates are
horizontal. For the purposes of this trivia question, metropolitan is Sydney
and Newcastle only. Country/regional is everything else in the state.

Metropolitan plates also used to be a different size from country/regional
plates (I am not sure if this is still the case).

Peter O'Halloran
Canberra