Re: Victoria - new fares

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

> "John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com> writes:
>
> >Yes, you should have pre purchased tickets before today to beat the price
> >rise.
>
> I did :)
>
> But if they are going to raise the prices, I'd still like to see extra
> services/new trains/less gestapo, or something like that...

But I thought nobody paid fares with the new Metcard system anyway.

Why do they keep putting the fares up? Here in New Zealand, since we've
privatised public transport, fares have either gone down, or been
frozen, for years, yet the buses make a profit now because they attract
so many extra passengers.

Maybe that will happen in Melbourne when the trains and trams are sold.

David McLoughlin
Waiting for pigs to fly in
Auckland New Zealand

I remember the Ice Age. It was what they claimed was happening to the
weather before they invented Global Warming.