What no Broad Gauge?

Pardon my apparent ignorance, but as one who is rather outa touch with what
is going on in the deep south, and as ex VicRail Sig Asst. @ Moriac, what's
this about no broad gauge? (Grahame Ferguson 520 or 621) I new the standard
went through to Adelaide/Pt. Pirrie/Peterboro, has everything or near enough
been converted to Standard gauge? Well at least we are safe here in Qld. it
would cost tooooooo many $Billions to change our 3'6" to standard and
besides, we like our little tracks. Proved the critics and doubting Thomases
wrong when they built the narrow gauge and proved the trains wouldn't fall
off! Talking about gauge conversion of steam locos the VR J class if I am
correct, were designed with just that in mind. Of course all the diesels are
easily converted, as were the ex narrow gauge Silverton Tramway ones when
the standard gauge went through Broken Hill to Pt. Pirrie. When was that
anyway?