Re: GEs for Victoria? my brain is bursting!!

>Well maybe some ELs will make an appearance?

Lets hope its not because they contract out their trains to NR to haul!
Now which Bank bought the EL's?
and who owns Islington w.s.?
Macquarie and W.C?
huuumm.....
wonder what WC will do now...that's two railways they have missed out on.
next is National Rail...maybe they will go in with both barrels firing this
time. Also thinking about Keatings
400 million big spend and the cost of setting up NR, I wonder what it
[N.R.]would be worth, considering V/Line surprised the heck out of us all
attracting 163 million.
Everyone was walking around H.Office muttering 43million, no one ,not in the
know, even guessed they meant better than the nearest etc....strewth.
About 1100 people left in V/Line Freight, and that's down from about 19000
only ten years or so ago.
Wonder how they would run what is left, with the same staff that they employ
in their US and South American operations? that is 380 men!!!!!! And that's
what is being said! I really dont think so, as most of our trains are
already Driver Only, and use one shunter in the yard. The shunter operates
the Signal Box, switches it out and shunts the train, then reopens the Box
to depart the train, etc etc. Guess there are a lot of clerks and bosses
that can go. You can sack all the track guys and outsource it, you can close
maintenance shops down, and contract the work out. You can even hire crews
from a willing operator outside!!! We still have 3 weeks to wait for a job
offer.
 Rod