Re: TRAMWAY TRIVIA 1

Andrew Robson wrote:

<snip>

> But, near Mackay there is rumoured to be a draw bridge which allows a 2'
> cane tramline to cross the mainline.   In northern queensland there are
> probably several dozen diamonds where the two guages cross at grade.

There is the test drawbridge (actually a lift bridge) at Wollingford on
the Marian line where the Pleystowe mill line crosses. I believe that
subsequently this type of installation ahs been used on main line
crossings.

There are also several dozen diamonds in Central Queensland where the
two gauges cross at grade.

Barry Campbell