Coffs Harbour and Dorrigo

I've just got back from Coffs and it has changed a lot in the three
years since I was there last. There are now no loops, sidings or
anything at Coffs, just the main line and the station. Didn't get to see
many trains apart from the Up Bris XPT on Sunday, running about 8 mins
late with XP2002 and XP2001. I went to the lookout near the station
while the XPT was at the station and there was a train in the Boambee
Beach loop but it was heading south so I couldn't get a photo.
I went to Dorrigo on Saturday and looked at the trains while I was
there. Most of the rolling stock looks in good condition, the carriages
have new silver roofs and the steam locos near the station are all
painted (or oiled) black. One of the 70 class was at the furthest
northern end of the carriages on the main line. Couldn't get close to
the 50 acre site as it is away from the road but I could see the 46
class there. There is also a 60 class boiler unit on the ground near the
house which looks like it may have had some stationary use as its
smokebox door had some modifications.
I then drove down to Megan and the track is in terrible condition, thick
scrub covering the track either side of the level crossings, the
crossings themselves almost disappeared under the tar. There was some
very derelict looking rolling stock at Megan.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton