North Sydney Trams

Hi all,

Might seem like a dumb question but...

I Found a magazine with a few of (the late) Phil Belbins tram paintings...
Was the North Shore Railway from Wynyard through Milsons Point and North
Sydney station originally a tram line and become a railway? The Harbour
bridge must have had some close rail connection as the publicity shot
showed a string of condemned locos on the 4 tracks... Until I saw the
painting, I was under the impression that the Darling Harbour side tracks
were Rail while the Quay side were tram tracks to the end of trams... Would
somebody please set me straight on this,

Thanks,

Trevor