Re: New Era Ahead.

dirtcircuitvideos wrote in message <01be604f$6fb3f4a0$LocalHost@default>...

>Great Southern Railways is to run a special " Indian Pacific
>Ghan " combination  from Sydney through Broken Hill
>Peterborough and Adelaide to The Alice  12 April, I have
> been told that The Train will be stopping at Peterborough
> Station where high ranking officials of the Company will inspect
>The Peterborough Station Complex along with plans
>to Reopen The Complex.
>
>This would be a great conclusion to my campaign to
>have the Station brought back on line.

Hooray - now you might stop regaling us in your campaign to have a luxury
five-star hotel, with 24 hour service, and valet parking, etc., provided at
a station that only sees four (soon to become six) trains per week.

>The governments lack of interest the our Great Railways
>has lead to Private Enterprise showing the way, I would
>guess that Great Plans are afoot Between the BHP
>and Private Railway Companies to build the Alice to
>Darwin rail line, What a great thing for Australia to
>Have Freight and Passenger services from Melbourne
>to Darwin.

If there was a case for private enterprise to run a station when they do not
run the track, and when there are only four (soon to be six) trains per
week, I am sure some entrepreneur would have done it. Why don't you? Why
don't YOU put YOUR money into it?

>Let us all pull together and help these plans come to reality
>why not run a campaign in the press supporting The Australian
>Railway System and it's future expansion , let's all help to
>stamp our Vandalism at Stations and to Rolling stock and
>other Railway Equipment.

ROFLMAOPMP

>If our useless South Australian Government and Local Councils
>can't do the Job , then it is up to the decent people amongst
>us and Good old Private Enterprise.

So stop picking on GSR - it is not THEIR responsibility is it?

>R.V.Stirling
>Save our Station Campaign

Not to mention the "Lets annoy the hell out of everyone on UseNet regarding
Peterborough Station Campaign"

DaveP