Re: YET MORE TRIVIA

Aha,
so Ron has ruled out the former Richmond Vale with NSWR and all of the
sugar railway with QR ones.

When Mt Newman and Gldsworthy were separate, they crossed.  AFAIK the
layout at the junction was altered with the merger, so that Goldsworthy
trains curve to junction into the Newman line, then junction away again.

QR has/hed several crossings as described, mainly at tricky junctions:
The entry to Townsville.
Theebine.
The former departure from Roma St pfm 2 to the Normanby loop.
Greenvale line and North Coast line.
North end of Rockhampton station.

CR had a few at Stirling North (Leigh Creek to powerhouse crossing Port
Pirie - Perth), Pichi Richi - Port Augusta crossing Port Pirie - Leigh
Creek).

--
Regards
Roderick Smith